16 abr 2012

Woman's Bridge (by Camila Gallitrico)


The Woman's Bridge (Puente de la Mujer)  is a foot bridge located in Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires, Argentina. It has a single mast with cables suspending a portion of the bridge which rotates 90 degrees in order to allow water traffic to pass.
This bridge is named in tribute to women. It was designed by Santiago Calatrava,  started in 1998 and finished on December 20th,  2001. It weighs 800 tons, and the design represents the image of a couple dancing tango.
Have you walked along it? What do you think of its design? 


3 comentarios:

Cecilia Vilalta dijo...

Camila,
La semana pasada caminé a lo largo del puente de la mujer de noche. Realmente es una construcción que nada tiene para enviar a otras del primer mundo. Además, es muy emocionante detenerse en la mitad del puente para contemplar parte (Puerto Madero) de la hermosa Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

Cecilia (Profesora de Comunicación, cultura y sociedad en 5to. Año)

Jessy dijo...

I love this bridge :D
I walked many times there when I went to Buenos Aires. Didn't know about its origin - cool post!

Miki dijo...

Oh, my! I've just realized that I never walked on it when I lived in Buenos Aires! :/ I guess I'll add this to my bucket list :p.

I didn't know all these facts, by the way ;).

Publicar un comentario

We are all ears, so leave us your comments!